Wednesday 1 August 2012

Spices of life starts from our parent's loves and teachings.


I always thought that I am an ordinary girl then a woman, yet still ordinary. I am having my life like a flow of river. Sometimes, I just let it be gone. Not remembering some little stuffs that comes around me, yet it is as much as important as my studies or my paycheck job. Along the way, from my childhood, I encountered so many stuffs and spices of life from my father, mother and grandmother. But, I never hold it. I thought it is alright, because I will always have my folks.

My late father once gave me an advice, "learn from your mother, because your mother learnt from your late opah (translate : grandma). If you're not, the knowledge from our ancestors will gone with her."   

Every day since my late father departed to his journey towards Allah SWT, The Creator and The Most Merciful, I always remember my father as my best teacher. He taught me how to cook hot chili fried rice (the spiciest fried rice I ever known). He taught me how to sketch from pencil on my note book and how to paint water colour on paper. He taught me how to draw hot candle liquid on silk called canting batik (draw and colour on piece of silk to make handcraft or apparel).

He made me knew our national writer, Shahnon Ahmad from the novel Srengenge and Usman Awang from the script book Tamu di Bukit Kenny. He made me knew stories of phophets from his thick and grey old book which has complete stories from Al-Quran.  He also made me knew, Leonardo Da Vinci and Michael Angelo from his arts text book. His small rack of books, is a world big enough for me. I love you Abah! (translate : father)

I love you always. Always and always be.

Now, I still have my mother and grandma (my mom's mother). I want to learn from them as much as I can. What they have may be not so important as the knowledge of alternative fuel or not so big as the scientist research in herbs properties to find cure of world illness. Still the little stuffs here and there in this life around us is a spices of our own little world that shape the bigger world.

Thank you Allah, The Knower of All and The Shaper of Beauty for giving me taste  and eyes to enjoy the tasty and colourful spices of life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment